Right now, most of us are adjusting to a “new normal” while we self-quarantine and practice social-distancing to protect ourselves and others from illness.
This unique situation is uncharted territory for many but provides an opportunity to refocus on priorities, such as our own wellness. Take advantage of this time by using these five tips to stay positive and productive at home.
- Now is a great time to tackle those home improvement projects that have gotten put off due to busy schedules and everyday distractions. Spend an hour fixing or updating small things around the house like giving the walls a fresh coat of paint, converting your basement to a work or exercise space, and repairing leaks or other items that need attending to.
These simple upgrades and repairs will add value to your home when the time comes to sell. It is important to prioritize projects that will make your home still feel like an oasis but be more attractive to buyers rather than satisfy your own preferences. For example, making energy-efficient improvements such as setting up a smart thermostat, replacing old windows and doors, or installing low-flow plumbing fixtures will appeal to today’s buyers who are cost-conscious and focusing on lessening their impact on the environment.
- With a larger emphasis being placed on health and well-being, there is no time like the present to start your spring cleaning. Not only will a deep clean ensure that your home is as safe and sanitary as possible, but decluttering can be a great way to help clear our minds and relieve stress as well.
Make an effort to get rid of or donate unwanted and unused items. Once your home is tidy, make sure all high-touch surfaces are thoroughly cleaned. It is recommended that these high-touch surfaces, such as doorknobs, light switches, stair railings and telephones, be cleaned daily for maximized protection again germs and viruses.
- In order to prioritize safety, many businesses have encouraged their employees to work remotely. For those who don’t have the luxury of an existing home office, try to set up a dedicated workstation somewhere within your home that mimics an office setting. Configuring your kitchen table, coffee table, outdoor living area or other space into a working space will help you maintain your daily routine and encourage productivity.
- In addition to focusing on your surroundings, it’s important to also set some time aside for yourself every day. There are plenty of options for ways to practice self-care in order to sustain a healthy state of mind such as meditation, reading a book or expressing yourself through creative projects. Mind-set plays a large part in our overall well-being, making staying focused on positivity extremely important in times of uncertainty.
- Maintaining a healthy body is just as essential as a healthy mind. While it may seem that options are limited indoors, there are plenty of ways to get moving and stay active. Yoga, at-home workouts or just keeping up with children can be enough movement to keep your body exercised and healthy. Try checking out online videos, tutorials and smartphone apps that can give you ideas on how to stay fit while staying safe at home.
The average adult needs just 30 minutes of moderate activity a day, according to the Mayo Clinic. Let us make the most of this time at home by working on ourselves, our homes and our careers in order to set ourselves up for future success.
During these unprecedented times, LIV Sotheby’s International Realty understands that clients will continue to buy and sell real estate for many reasons. LIV SIR is open for business and leveraging technology to continue to fully operate through a remote work plan designed to ensure that clients are fully supported.
For more information or for assistance with any of your real estate needs, contact LIV Sotheby’s International Realty by calling 805.541.0125 (Ventura) or 805.646.7288 (Ojai) or by visiting LIVSothebysRealtyCA.com.
LIV SIR, the exclusive Board of Regent for the Who’s Who in Luxury Real Estate, has 23 office locations in metro Denver and surrounding areas, including Boulder, Castle Rock, Cherry Creek, Denver Tech Center, downtown Denver, Evergreen and the resort communities of Breckenridge, Winter Park, Dillon, Crested Butte, Telluride and the Vail Valley.
LIV Sotheby’s International Realty, the exclusive Board of Regent for the Who’s Who in Luxury Real Estate, has 2 locations in Ojai and Ventura, California and 23 locations total including offices in the Denver Metro and surrounding areas, including Boulder, Castle Rock, Cherry Creek, Denver Tech Center, Downtown Denver, Evergreen, and the resort communities of Breckenridge, Winter Park, Dillon, Crested Butte, Telluride, and the Vail Valley. For more information, call 805.641.0125 or 805.646.7288. To service all of your real estate needs visit www.livsothebysrealtyca.com.
LIV Sotheby’s International Realty | Cherry Creek